View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #3200
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry if you've already discussed this...

Eodwine is at Edoras, right? So as soon as he's recovered, the King is going to know (unless the King isn't at 'court' which is possible but you know). Then I would think he would decide whether Eodwine is returning as the Eorl or not, though he might take into account Eodwine's desires. Would the King want him to return, or would he want him to stay on at Edoras with his having just recovered?

Just some thoughts. And a message from the King coming before Eodwine in addition to letters from Eodwine would make sense I would think. Then it might be up to Athanar if he announces publicly that Eodwine is returning and not as Eorl.

If that make sense?

As for a time jump, that sounds great. Enough of a time jump to freshen things up. I think jumping to Eodwine's return is just as good as anything.

I need to think on what Coen and the soldiers might be up to during this time; what the tensions have been like or whatever. I do know that Coen has been SO very frustrated the entire time and with the news that Eodwine is already recovered and coming back he is going to flip a little. He's probably going to see it as an insult to Athanar. But you know he's quiet about these things. Maybe some/all of the Athanar's men would feel the same way. Coen would keep them in line without telling them off because he would agree with them.

In Coen's mind he will be very wary of this whole thing. The new Eorl is just settling in and already Eodwine's returning to Scarburg. Even if Eodwine really doesn't want to be Eorl again (which, first of all, how would Coen know, and second, he wouldn't trust him on it one bit), people have loyalty to him. And Coen is certain that Eodwine's going to be meddling.

That's what would be going on in Coen's mind. I don’t know how much of it might be reflected in Athanar’s men. He will be doing his best to undo the division between Athanar’s men and those previously Eodwine’s men, especially with word of Eodwine’s return. But at the same time he’s going to feel like it shouldn’t be his problem, or that he really just wants to be rid of all these people coming so close (in his mind) to challenging the King’s word (and of course Athanar’s). So I can see some problems among the soldiers. Maybe the men who know Coen realizing how troubled he is, and the men from Scarburg thinking they have a cold commander who hates everyone but his lord.

Oh, and Coen is on very cool terms with Thornden, of course.

Anyway, my thoughts; I hope they were what you were looking for? Sorry for a lot of self-important *my character thinks this* stuff.