View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:48 AM   #9
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
I think that is right. Aragorn is not involved in HOBBIT and if you go by what Del Toro said, probably will not be in the film. I do see him playing a major role in the Gollum story in film 2. And depending on negotiations with Orlando Bloom, I would see a major role for him also. With the character of Legolas, there is no age problem. And since he is a Prince of Mirkwood, he is right in the thick of the action regarding the Necromancer and Dol Guldur. For Legolas to not be involved in such a major event right in his own backyard, seems to defy common sense. However, Bloom is the one actor who really broke out after the LOTR pics in terms of box office appeal and increase in his per picture price. It certainly did not hurt him to be a major player in the other major box office bonanza - the PIRATES trilogy. So Bloom is in the drivers seat and it would not surprise me to see his agent ask for Tom Cruise like wages. The script will probably not even be seriously attempted until the question of which actors they have on board is resolved.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote