View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
thelotrfreak1
Newly Deceased

thelotrfreak1 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
A few weeks ago, when I was watching the film '300', I got this weird and somewhat funny idea that's been festering in my head till now. What if the second LOTR prequel was about a fictionalized depiction of the Disaster of the Gladden Fields? R-rated, gory and done in a similar vein as 300. I even had the whole trailer planned out. If any of you have watched the 300 trailer(if not watch at youtube) you'll find this...interesting.

<Scenes of Numenorean cities>
Voiceover: We Numenoreans are the descendants of Elros himself...the Greatest mortals the world has ever seen.
<Numenorean soldier breaking arrows embedded in shield>
Black Orc Herald: Be warned. Arnor will burn to the ground.
<Isildur pulls out his sword>
Black Orc Herald: This is blasphemy. This is madness.
Isildur: THIS IS ARNOR!(technically, it's the Gladden Fields)
<scenes of orc armies, orc archers shooting>
Another Orc Herald: When the thousand Orc-clans of the Misty Mountains descend upon you, our arrows shall blot out Anor!
Erendur(Isildur's eldest son): Then we'll fight in the shade.
<Shots of orc army, masked Great Orcs, Cave Trolls, Gunpowder Bomb Throwers etc.>
Isildur: NUMENOREANS! TONIGHT WE DINE IN MANDOS!!
<Scenes of Isildur's wife in Rivendell trying to rally Elves reinforcements, tricked by some contemptous Elf who hates Men.>
TEXT: They were 200 against 10,000(actually only 2000 Orcs, but let's increase the odds a little).
Isildur: Give them nothing, but Take from them everything!

Yeah, I know it'd be a travesty, but boy, would it be fun!!!

Any opinions?
Not funny at all. If you actually made this trailer i would congatulate you. But writing this down is just plain horrible.
thelotrfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote