View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Glirdan's character

NAME: Léoflic

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: A Long Bow which he inherited from his mother and a Short Sword which he recieved as a gift from his best friend

APPEARANCE: Sleek, brown hair with dark, deep set brown eyes. Riding clothes (black boots and pants with a dark green shirt under a black vest). His Short Sword is stuck in a black, leather sash and his Long Bow is slung over his right shoulder along with his quiver of bows.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Young, eager and bold. Very outspoken yet easy to trust. Very loyal and very protective. Quick to anger yet even quicker to laughter. Always ready to fight in defense to protect those he cares about. Strength - Fighting skills Weakness - His wanting to see the innocence in others.

HISTORY: Only child born into a poor farming family. Father died when he was young and was raised by his mother. Mother died when he was about 13. He recieved her bow which she used to go hunting when she was young. Grew up with his best friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glirdan's post

Léoflic looked out of the window across the wide plains of Rohan, thinking back on his past. His father had died in war when he was young. He doesn't even remember what he looked like. He was raised by his mother, the only family he had. She was caring and stern. He had a good life. Then that fateful day came when his mother fell deathly ill. He was only thirteen when it happened. He was standing by her bedside when she said "Léoflic. It is said that on the deathbed's of men, that they can see into the future and it is the case this time, yet I will not reveal to you what it is. Take my bow. You will need it and remember that I will always be with you." and with those final words, she passed out of Arda.

As he looked on at the flowing plains, he remembered what happened after. He had no family left after his mother's death and was left to fend for himself. He remebered wandering the plains of Rohan when he met him, his best friend. They grew up together and did everything together. He put his hand to his Short Sword and thought back to the first gift he recieved from his best friend. He thought back to their parting. His friend wanted to become a Healer, like his father whereas Léoflic wanted to be a mercenary. It was silent farewell and as he thought back to it, a lonely tear slowly developped in his eye and slid down the side of his cheek.

"It's time I stopped dwelling on the past and continued with my life," he thought to himself. "This is for you mother," and he turned his head away from the slowly sinking sun.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-05-2006 at 05:16 PM.