View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 02:52 AM   #133
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Dain

Here’s my reasoning for going Northwest. Having come through the Gap of Rohan, we are now in Dunland, the natives there are not all that friendly to the Men of the Mark (an ancient grudge).

Our group should by now realize that Brytta’s group is on foot. And I am thinking the Forgoils will reason that the Hyldesons will want to make for a friendly area of Men.

The easiest, quickest way to do that, would be for the Hyldesons to head up the Old North-South Road to Tharbad (We should stop there, and look for them.) Not finding them there, we could head for the next Mannish settlement – Bree. The Greenway (which is what the Old North-South Road is known as when it leaves Tharbad) ends in Bree, where it intersects the Great East-West Road. We can always think that they may have gotten horses somehow, and are ahead of us on the road.

Unfortunately, for the Forgoils at any rate, the Hyldesons have gotten off course and missed the overgrown track that used to be the ancient road and are now lost somewhere north of it. The Forgoil group should reach Bree before the Hyldeson group, and from there can scout the countryside.

Tinuviel

Perhaps Hama could find more dragged off horse remains a little to the south.

Dain

Since you are scouting back a little – which is where the actual warg attack took place (an hours hike south east of the Fords of Isen, just along the foothills near Helm's Deep), then you could find evidence of the killed wargs.