View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #475
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Once we get to discussing Amdír's war memories, I have a question: do you still stick with the idea that Amdír met Merry while convalescing in the HoH? You mentioned it way back in the pre-game discussion, and I don't know how serious you were about it, but I think a) it would be hilarious if he'd known the truth all along, b) it's quite plausible, and c) I have an idea what I'd like to do with it (no embarrassing Amdír and nobody yelling at him for never mentioning it, I promise).
My thought is still that Amdír met Merry briefly in the Houses of Healing--"met" being a somewhat grand way of putting it, perhaps. However, since he knew him as "Master Meriadoc of King Theoden's household" I doubt he would have realised that "Mary the Elf" was supposed to be one and the same character until they met Samwise.

Thus, I agree it's quite plausible, so on the assumption that Amdír not mentioning it has to do with never putting the two together and his general quietness of character, then I'm fine with it.

I can probably have a post up for my fine carpenter tomorrow morning (my time), but in the event I don't, it will take a couple days, as Rune is visiting and school will eat me. In the event I don't post in the next 16 hours or so, feel free to go ahead without me.