View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #4005
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Much like Bilbo, I fear you have given yourself away, o Spirit of Nen Lalaith - it would have been much harder to connect your namesake to a river if your brand new title wasn't right next to it. ^_^ I think this is the ill-fated House of Hurin, from first to last:

Lalaith was lovely until the plague took her and made everyone moody.

Turin was an absolute menace; "the woods" is the outlaws, "the plain" is the battles outside Nargothrond, and his disdain is... I mean, a lot of things, but probably when he defiantly met Glaurung's eyes and got frozen for his trouble. He didn't die second, but someone thought he did.

Nienor comes next with her lost memories. "He" here is Brandir, because Turin didn't actually see her die.

Then comes Morwen Elfsheen, lingering bitterly on until she died by the Stone, with her husband refusing to talk to her because I don't know why, Hurin, do you have no heart at all??!!?!

And last is presumably Hurin, who wrote his wife's name on their children's grave ("she stayed") and went off to destroy every kingdom his son hadn't gotten round to. Between them they bring down Nargothrond, Brethil, Doriath, and contribute to the fall of Gondolin. They probably finished off Dor-lomin as well, by inciting whatserface to burn it all down. Absolute pair of menaces.

I'm actually not sure where Hurin died - didn't he chuck himself in the sea or something? Probably a good thing, can you imagine if he'd ended up at the Havens? He'd have clonked Tuor round the head with his staff and gotten a whack from The Wrench in return, and before you know it, clan war in Sirion.

hS