View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #27
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Gárwine had happily greeted Léof to his table and they both began to talk. Gárwine told him of his father's service as a rider under Éomer during the war, and how he was slain near the Entwood fighting orcs from Isengard.

"That was when I decided to become a warrior, but the opportunity would not come while living with my Uncle Wilfrid, who was quite a sluggish brute. So some days ago I left him and I rode for days to reach Edoras, where the King, just earlier this morning, assigned me to be a soldier-at-arms at this very inn."

He ended just as Saeryn approached, and she served the two young men more breakfast, along with sweet desserts that were not to be spoken of to Eodwine. She smiled and hurried off. Gárwine began the second course of his berakfast, musing over the meaning of the desserts. It was obvious that she liked at least one of the two, but if one, which? She had teased Léof playfully, and addressed Gárwine as "my lord" . . . And what of Gudryn's winking and smiling? And as he thought about this Gárwine's hunger was now waning, and he no longer took as large bites or ate as quickly as he did, but he always had room in his stomach for one more bite of Saeryn's and Gudryn's cooking. He still cleaned his plate; it only took longer.

Gárwine wanted to speak more with Léofric. "So, friend Léof, tell me what business brings you here to this inn. Are you a carpenter, perhaps?"

"Oh, no. I am an ostler. Eodwine has given me one month here to prove myself."

Gárwine nodded approvingly. Léof would take good care of Herefola .

Last edited by Alcarillo; 01-27-2006 at 01:41 PM.