View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #7
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Melost glanced up at his friend and smiled. "Ah! Now there you touch upon a subject very close to my heart. She is a beauty of surpassing loveliness and wit. I fear you shall be jealous for I have never seen a woman of your race to rival her. Though tis true that at times she has the tongue of a viper!" He shook his head. "We have been betrothed for many years, yet my service to my lord has kept me from her. In Imladris you will have the privilege of meeting her, for she is in Lord Elrond's care. Beware her charm! She is most cunning, yet I cannot help but love her."

He opened the front of his tunic and held up a stone that hung from a gold chain. Arthain took it in his hand, turning it this way and that as it caught the fire-light. "Beautiful! What is it?" Melost returned it to its place with a sigh. "This was given me by her at our last meeting. She bade me return it to her as soon as I could, on our wedding night." He rubbed his hands together as the night grew chill. "Should we survive this war, will you stand with me when we marry? We do not have formal ceremonies as you do, but I would consider it an honour."

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Cuthalion ]