Thread: The Stewards
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #17
gandalf85
Wight

gandalf85 has just left Hobbiton.
5) I believe it's canon. In both the Quest of Erebor and the Making of Appendix A, it states he did not know who Thrain was. I will be on the look-out to see if I find this contradicted somewhere.

8) I have a minor in math but apparently cannot count.

11) I was wondering why you guys removed the last bit about the ringbearer, and I think I know why: it's basically a spoiler the way we have it structured. This text was intended to be a "looking back" conversation between Gandalf and the hobbits and Gimli after the War of the Ring. I think it's probably best to remove the last bits about the Ringbearer, but keep the part about Sauron and Smaug helping one another:

Quote:
TS-QE-44c <The Quest of Erebor, Appendix And yet that was not his original plan; and it was in the end a mistake. <The Quest of Erebor, Appendix {They will}Sauron and Smaug would have helped one another{.” And they certainly would have done so,} if {I}the Council had not attacked Dol Guldur at the same time.> Resistance still had somewhere where it could take counsel free from the Shadow.> And in that year the White Council met for the last time, and Curunír withdrew to Isengard, and took counsel with none save himself.
gandalf85 is offline   Reply With Quote