View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #716
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I don't know why everyone seems convinced the setup was broken or unbalanced in some way. The fact is even playing it the way we did it took an extremely gutsy risk by Shasta and a well-played continuation of his risk by me and a gutsy risk in choosing Lottie for a dream in order to win this thing. Despite our good luck and good play we villagers were possibly one Night-kill choice away from losing this game.

What if instead of killing Shasta that night they kill me? Frankly it's what I expected despite all my efforts to push the kill-choice towards Shasta. Because killing him didn't help the KMs at all- due to his Amandil power it instead just transferred known-innocent status from him to Inzil, thus reducing the potential lynching pool.

Killing me and leaving Shasta alive on the other hand would have cut the knowns down to 2 and killing Brin the next night would've left it at 1, and given that population and the dynamics that existed I suspect Morsul would have gotten lynched at some point, and then it would be down to one final day in which all the innocents had to vote correctly and together to keep the Baddies from winning. In other words, if Steve or Manwe could manage to lynch either Inzil or Lottie ahead of them, game over. In fact, if Morsul had gotten lynched the day after Nerwen then Steve and Manwe could've potentially won the game with both of them still alive! A fairly resounding victory.

And frankly this is all you can ask for in terms of balance- if it can come down to a final day and innocents have to decide between a Baddie and an unknown innocent, then you did it right.