View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #715
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hurrah! Glad to see this ended in a village victory, although the villains were clever and certainly would have deserved the win if they'd taken it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I painted that "Come kill me sign" a bit too early
Same here, to some extent, though, as I expected, I haven't had a chance to read the thread since this weekend. I knew there was no way I'd be around Tuesday, so I'm glad the baddies took the flail bait and killed me instead of someone more useful (or at least more available). Except, you know, someone made me think about Morsul as I lay dying....

I had already intended to put myself up for a kill since I thought the game was going to go more than another Day (see above), but I over-over-hinted as a knee jerk to Phantom terrorizing me (you jerk), and I couldn't decide whether Dun was holding his cards because he knew someone else or because Phantom was telling him not to. Of course it was both, because Phantom. Sadly the dream rules change turned this from a suicidal protective maneuver into one that was in fact detrimental to the village, but given how much the innocents broke the game, I think it's only fair we had a wrench thrown at our heads....um, I mean plans.

If a game like this is tried again, I recommend the mod think about how the players may abuse the setup and plan accordingly. It's impossible to think of every loophole, but I think further limitations on the dreams (for instance, being able to send to a target no more than twice during the entire game, and perhaps even limiting that to only being able to double target one person the entire game) would have made it much more difficult to manipulate the system. Then again, Phantom tends to find a way to break anything....

Well played by all. More thoughts later, perhaps, but it's been quite a long (but enjoyable) day, and I need some sleep.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote