View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #710
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Wow, now that was an interesting game. I'm glad I played- even if it did wreck my schedule a bit.

Shasta- major kudos to you. On Day 2 I really didn't know which way things were going to swing, so I was attempting to lay groundwork for various forks the game could take. I knew the bluffed dream was a possibility, but I didn't have my heart set on it, for I knew it might be difficult for you to bring yourself to trust me so far that you would risk handing me the game (if I was a KM). But you took the risk- and it paid off. Thanks much! I'd love to hear what all you were thinking at the time.

And way to keep the cards close, Inzil. As I said on the final day, I was totally going to let you do my reveal for me in thanks for not outing me earlier, but unfortunately you died first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
tp: Why did you send the dream to me?
I had lists put together for potential KM packs and you were on too many of them compared to how guilty I actually believed you to be. I suspected you more of being Isildur than being a KM in fact- thus ruling you out would be rather useful to me, as it left Nerwen in every remaining pack, and I suspected her strongly.

I debated a lot on who to send you, though. Even though assuming you innocent left Nerwen as the obvious choice, I was wanting to get Morsul ruled out as well, as I saw him as one that was likely to get lynched and likely to be innocent. I very nearly picked him as the dream.

But the main problem I saw with that was that would leave the lynch target open. If it came down to Nerwen and Inzil I would've been pleased, as Inzil was the other high-occurrence KM besides Lottie and he didn't look so clean, and I felt that finding him innocent via lynch would at the least tell me that Steve was in the pack, where as at the moment I was inclined to leave Steve out (I wondered if he was more in the mold with Morsul as far as being a lynching distraction).

In the end it came down to playing the odds- I felt we just really needed a correct lynch. So I sent my big suspect to the most trustworthy unknown and hoped the gamble paid off. If I was right then I thought it would really help because I felt Nerwen was the biggest threat to a positive lynch outcome, in the sense that she could spear-head efforts to herd the sheep in the wrong direction.

(Of course it did occur to me to send the dream to Shasta or Brin, but I figured the KMs would try and kill them, particularly after I'd spent the entire day planting the idea that Shasta was the obvious kill.)

Anyway- it worked out, and all's well as ends well, right?