View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 11:40 AM   #375
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Your suggestions raise an interesting question to me: were Elves buried in terms of what they meant to others, or in terms of what was most dear to themselves while they were alive? What would an Elf think about this? Any guesses?
I'm not sure, it may depend on the situation. If conditions allowed they would probably try to bury them in a way and a place that was dear to the deceased. But if that wasn't possible I'm sure they would try to find a means that would still be respectable. Like when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli sent Boromir down the river Rauros.

But since the company doesn't seem to be pressed by any great matter, it would not be a bad thing for Eswen and perhaps one other to travel to Eryn Lasgalen to return Lira to her homeland. That could be a possible way to end this RP, the group splitting up once again with the bulk going to Bree and the Shire while three or so make their way south to Eryn Lasgalen.

Unless of course it would be best for Esgallhugwen to return with them for her side of the report, then she can go, but I don't think its a very good idea (not to mention least respectful) to be carting around a dead Elf body.

What do you think LMP and anyone else?

Yes, I can actually see all the characters carrying on, somehow. I would really love for Esgallhugwen to be in another RP, she's my very first character that I've made, and this was my first rpg that I've ever played in!