View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #135
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Fourth Test: Dol Gaurgauroth

The flight of the Offending Party landed in Dol Gaurgauroth, a pleasant little village; well, at least as pleasent as could be arranged in Mordor.

There were just two individuals missing; but that was quickly rectified, as CoDzilla came stomping up from the south (in which direction Mount Doom roiled and Roggie reigned), Mardil in paw. CoDzilla set Mardil down. The Offending Party and hangers on stood lined up before Anakron.

"You shall make of yourselves a happy village, named (for conveniences of plot) Dol Gaurgauroth. Choose an occupation for the time being, and settle down. On the morrow you will see what has become the Fourth Test.

"Oh, and I have one more individual to drop off at this particular place. Dweomer release!"

Before the eyes of the OP, Anakron seemed to split in two. Out from Anakron walked a balding, bearded, and bespectacled nincompoop who smiled stupidly at everybody else, trying hopelessly to fit in as quick as possible.

"This, my friends, is my abstemious alter ego, Elempí, a most embarrassing figment, no doubt you can see right away. He is also our 'red shirt' for this occasion. Now get acquainted."

The Offending Party and hangers on looked at those others with whom they had been thrown together for this Fourth Test. Of course, there was CoDzilla, Aimé, and Fordim. Also to be found were Hookbill the Goomba still healing from various injuries. The others were Mormegil, Nilpaurion Felagund (who, they noticed, seemed stranger in appearance than the rest; but that shall be gotten into later on), SPM, and Feanor of the Peredhil.

Alli looked at the latter very suspiciously and said, "Anakron, why are all these people, and only these people here with us?"

"They have been (con)assigned to Mordor, of course."

"But Sir Anakron," said Valde, "everyone in Mordor has been so assigned. What difference these?"

"These have been involved in a most notorious pastime in the future, and have therefore been brought here to play out their worst and best nightmares in your company. I think by now you know what is in store for you. Your goal is to survive, plain and simple. Nighty night." With that, Anakron swirled his cloak around him and suddenly seemed to not be ther at all.

Panakeia felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see a bespectacled grin aimed directly at her.

"Hi! I'm Elempí! Nice to meet you. What's your name? What's wrong with your hair? Why do you wear so much make-up? I'll bet you're beautiful without it. Who's he?" This last was directed toward Valde Delego, who had begun to 'stage left' in their direction somewhat possessively.