View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #22
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Arwen was just a pandering to feminists and people who wanted more girl action, without having to wait until Return of the King. That, and I think Liv Tyler wanted some extra screen time.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Knight, while I agree with much of what you have said, I must disagree with you here. Romance is a central element in most films, and one that most film-goers expect. And the romance of Aragorn and Arwen is the only one that spans all three films so, unless you want scenes of Rosie Cotton mooching around missing Sam, Arwen's role had to be expanded to bring this element out. She was not there to "pander" to "feminists" and "girl action" devotees. <P>And the final decisions on Arwen's role would have been made by Jackson and the production team. Although, I recall seeing on one of the EE documentaries that Liv Tyler was instrumental in persuading them to remove Arwen's role at Helm's Deep, having read furious "anti-XenArwen" comments on LotR websites. Hardly the behaviour of someone desperate for more screen time.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> For the rest of America, there was the turning of Frodo against Sam. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't forget that these films are distributed outside America too. <P>And please leave the language moderation to the moderators.