View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #653
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
When you're playing cards, and you notice that two of the jacks look like Sam and Legolas, one of the queens looks like Galadriel, and one of the kings looks like Gandalf.
Oh? And which ones would those be? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
you make people who have food/drink/dirty hands stay 10 feet away from your collection telling them everything is "worth more then your life"
I'm always nervous when I let my friends handle any of my books, Tolkien books in particular. There's only one friend I can trust wiht them, and that's because he's even more concerned about the welfare of books than I am.

Quote:
When creepy little kids you don't even know tell you that you look like a hobbit
How about the opposite? When creepy little kids you don't know look like hobbits themselves! (We have a few of those at my church. One of friends says that one of the little kids looks like Gollum.)

Quote:
I'm pretty obsessed. I baked a pie and cut the "Doors of Durin" in the top crust.
That's really cool! I should seriously try that. Perhaps on my birthday cake..... *wheels in mind start turning furioulsy*

And now for a few of my own! (All of which I have done)

When you go through those catalogs of special cakes at the grocery store, looking for a LOTR cake, and either think about how unfair it is that they have a Star Wars cake and a Harry Potter cake, but they couldn't be bothered to make a LOTR cake, or else you get all happy because they do have LOTR cakes, and you start thinking up a way to get one of those fo ryour next birhtday party. (Now that was a run-on sentence worthy of the Round-About Game thread).

When you're at a bookstore and your mom asks if they have any old LOTR posters (the ones that they hang up around the store) so that you could have one. They've never given me one, though. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

When you think it's a major accomplishment to get other people more obssessed.

When you get really excited that someone mentions Tolkien or LOTR in conversation, and start going on and on about that.

When conversation dies, you immediately say something about LOTR in hopes of starting a discussion about that.

You get all excited when they play a preview advertising the TTT DVD at Blockbuster, and you watch it three times while you're there. (I did that yesterday!)

When you watch a movie that has an LOTR actor in it, and that fact causes you great amusement.

When you do the above and you just can't see the actor as whatever character they're supposed to be, instead you think "Hey! There's Boromir!"

When you get really hyper after coming home from Blockbuster (see above) partially because you're so bored and partially because it's possible that you will get to see your favorite LOTR actor in another good movie (maybe I'm just weird).

When you really bored at said Blockbuster, so you wander around looking for LOTR movies (new or cartoon).

When you have time to kill at the library, so you wander around looking at Tolkien books that you already have for no particular reason.

Well, that was a long list! Long live LOTR-obssession! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote