View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #95
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
What I meant was exactly this "given his behaviour". You say that it is cobblerish. I personally don't think this conclusion is obvious, so I'd like to see your reasons, especially given the fact that it is a very easy way to discredit a person's opinions as a whole (that's what I meant by "demagogic").
Simply, his behavior overall, how should I label it - just look at his posts. Why should I say anything more? What should I say? Should I label him with some adjective? "Hasty", "harsh", "funny", what? None of these would do, mind you. He behaves like a cobbler would do for me: this is what I said, and that will be enough. However, the conclusion was that I considered him rather innocent because of that. And what is that you have about discrediting a person's opinions, I still don't get it. You mean that I am discrediting phantom's opinions, i.e. as if I were saying "he is cobblerish, therefore don't listen to him"? That was by no way what I meant. I only stated: He seems to me to behave like a cobbler. The same way as if I said that he behaves like a hedgehog or like Eddie Murphy. If there was any conclusion concerning how any of his words should be interpretated, then it was what I said that I think he wanted only to "show off" by these "hey scry me" things and such. But that was all. See above.

Nerwen's posting, especially her post #82 actually looks sensible, and innocentish. However, I can as well imagine her evilly grinning behind this innocent mask. But that's just the tiny bit of feeling. She speaks sense, if nothing else, this far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
People seem much more reluctant to put forward any method of achieving any of these goals. The only suggestions I've heard have been, "Guess on basis of personality" and, "Lynch people until we find some wolves, and then we'll know who picked them". I don't find either of these plans appealing (as a healer, I shrink from unnecessary bloodshed).
Actually, I also - although I see I already meddled in that - don't see a point in such discussions, respectively: don't see a point in their subject. What people say, and that they interact and actually say something, is another thing and it's good. But otherwise, I think that simply everyone should do what he thinks is the best and then something will happen. Especially on Day 1, it is how it will end anyway, and don't tell me that it isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Besides my disagreement with his opinion, I don't like the way he states it. The addition of the "In my opinion" to the end feels pointless to me in every other sense than in a looking nice -sense which looks fishy. So, all in all, Gwath looks pretty bad to me at the moment.
Yes, that was the thing I pointed out as well. Hm... there's so many posts that it's good you reminded me of that, and also for myself, I must remind myself that with Gwath, this is always relative... (merely repeating what I said earlier).

LG, Volo, eventually Gwath... still those who figure upper on my list. Now even there are their interactions, which are really interesting "in-group", but then, do the Wolves know each other or don't they? And even if they do, would they interact so? And even if they don't know, what would such interaction mean?

EDIT: x-ed since Nerwen's last post
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote