View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thumbs up

Fascinating premise for a game! Nicely done, Mnemo.

Like Firefoot, I would not have time for an intensive game posting daily but would be very interested in cameo/s.

In response to Nerwen's query about what the drama would be like, and in contrast to Formendacil's sense of Restoration/Renaissance drama, I immediately thought of the Medieval Mystery Plays, where actors travelled 'round town on wagons, each wagon depicting a particular scene (a very early form of--wait for it--"movies") in a story, rather like a tableau. There are also plays called miracle plays, which recount miraculous interventions by saints, and morality plays,which used allegorical characters to educate the masses about good and evil.

In modern restaging of these medieval plays, actors are both men and women. I don't recall if the actual medieval productions employed female actors, but since Adam and Eve were prime movers in at least one of the stories, the gender issue must have been addressed somehow.

anyhow, just opening up some possibilties. I have an "Esmerelda Took" character who might be a costume designer/sewer and then there's always my "Bethberry" character (from early games here on the Downs) who currently is at the Seventh Star and so in Gondor. This character, however, is the daughter of Tom and Goldberry, so she might not be *cough* canonical enough for the current climate.

Lovely to see this proposal!