View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 04:20 PM   #199
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I am not homesick, Diorwyn told herself firmly, realizing as she did so that it was only half true. Yes, her mind and hands had been far too busy to allow her much time for pining, and the women with whom she had spent the past weeks had become friends. However, she was increasingly aware of the loneliness that she felt sitting among strangers at meals or alone in her bed at night. She was glad that her time in the White City was coming to an end soon and looked forward to the welcoming embraces of her husband and children.

While her fingers embroidered silver stars around the neckline of the deep blue cloak she was finishing, her thoughts came back to the princess. Would she experience homesickness in her new home? Would she find genuine friends among the women of Minas Tirith? Diorwyn fervently hoped that the love of her husband-to-be and their children would warm Finduilas within as this cloak would shield her outwardly from the cold and the winds of Gondor.

She secured the final stitches and shook out the folds of the soft, sturdy material. It had the colour of a deep summer night and would look queenly indeed on its wearer. Would her work last long enough to warm a daughter of Finduilas some day, she wondered. A sharp knock on the door brought her back to the present reality, and she arose quickly to answer. She was startled and somewhat alarmed to see a guard who bowed and handed her a missive.

Diorwyn read the message with furrowed brow, then asked the guard to wait while she answered. Hurriedly, she sat down at her table, turning the letter over to write a reply on the back.

Sir,

I am honoured to be the recipient of your trust. I agree that women may be able to find out information where men are otherwise on their guard. I will speak to some of our young women and ask them to contact you directly and discreetly.

The love that I and indeed all of her ladies bear for the princess Finduilas would be enough to insure our interest in helping you to ward off any danger to your realm. More than that, if Minas Tirith falls, what shall happen to Dol Amroth? There is greater danger in inaction than in any help we can give. I fervently hope that all traitors will be found out and stopped before they can harm Gondor.

With respectful greetings,
Diorwyn

As soon as she had given the message to the guard, she turned her steps to the quarters of the young women of Dol Amroth; she fervently hoped that the trust she placed in their willingness to help would not be disappointed.

[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'