View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 06:59 PM   #152
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Shield

Morwyn's eyes flashed across the faces of Nahai, Elhor, and Luin in turn. The revelation of "Mae's" true name didn't surprise her. The name Mae didn't fit this woman, it seemed to be somehow wrong for her. Luin suited her much better, the girl with the crystal blue eyes. And if her mother's name had been Lassea... Morwyn no longer doubted her guess that the woman was at least half elven.

Nahai's reaction was harder to judge. Something about her suggested that she was trying to hold people at arm's length, Morwyn would normally consider that a signal that the woman was untrustworthy, but Nahai? She bit her lip uncertainly, she thought all that had been said was true. She liked Nahai, that was all there was to it. A small smile hovered around her lips, as she made up her mind. Trust, until they're proven untrustworthy. She dobuted herself for a moment, it could be a dangerous concession. But at least this time it was a concession Morwyn was willing to make.

Elhor, Morwyn was less certain about. The boy seemed lonely, but his words had been frightening. What had he said? What had he called himself? Child of Nahar? The name was familiar. Morwyn pondered it for a while. A horse, Nahar was a great horse of legend. The woman of Rohan smiled, no wonder she'd recognized it! But Elhor, was he calling himself a horse? She frowned. The same non-human look lingered in his features as in Nahai's. Secrets. she thought, we all seem to have a few. She thought of her own, pushed it to the back of her mind.

She'd reserve judgement about Elhor, she decided, wait till she'd known him a little longer. Her curious eyes rested on his face, which was beginning to lose its cloudy look.

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!