View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 07:54 PM   #31
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

Quote:
"Abārpānaru", wow, what a mouthful.- Sophia
Indeed. It seems mouthful names are typical in Adśnaic. As an afterthought I threw in "naru" as a gender indicator, but I'm not sure it's needed. Perhaps Abārpā is sufficient. What do you think?

Quote:
littlemanpoet - Abārpānaru Karķbzīr/Mabalar Melethroch (the captive) BIO/POST NEEDED - pio
I'm still in research phase. I spent today studying the Akkalabźth and the Line of Elros, and discovered a few things I had forgotten or missed the first time.

Quote:
If we want to preserve the West => East journey, it would be possible that we were a group of still underground Faithful located near, or in Anduniė. - Sophia
I like the idea. But in the Sil, Isildur is said to make a singular achievement by going in disguise to the Tree and picking one fruit - even then he is discovered and only remains free after becoming almost mortally wounded. So if we want to go in this direction, there is going to have to be strictly enforced secretiveness among the hidden. Perhaps there is an heirloom (or not) that helps in secretiveness. I noticed the Elendilmir of Silmarien as an heirloom in the house of the Lords of Andśniė. But we don't have to go in that direction either; it would involve receiving a gift from the Eldar. I like the edge-of-the-seat aspect of it, but we would need to prepare the thing carefully in terms of "how". Don't forget, Sauron sits upon his throne in the Black Temple, eager for more victims to sacrifice...

I think they need to know about each other; if not, the premise of this rpg would have to be altered. I do like the password being something in Quenya, or at least Sindarin, though (in consideration of Child's post).