Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #9756
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1. Maytime, more or less – but now tertiary in Gondor?
2. The magnificent one is constant. And hearty. Remains so at his final summons.
EVENDIM (LAKE): Flat and subdued? A waterside billet – temporary, but kingly.
4. Troubled? Yes, we hear she’s a convicted murderer.
5. The main hero of a botanical tome?
6. Here, beneath Orthanc and Cirith Ungol?
7. Flipping heck! Roheryn’s mate for a festival? Translate!
TOLMAN COTTON: Island chap – good material for a temporary mayor?
HOLDWINE: Keep the champagne and the claret! Rohan calls you once more!
ANDUIN: Alternative route to paradise for the final two. (Well, part of it. Arguably).
GOLDILOCKS: A bride fit for a future Thain?
12. Trumpet loses one note, to gain two more and reveal him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
#8: I was busily thinking of Frodo
I do that. A lot.

Although I am also currently doing a mammoth rewatch of 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes,' and am at the point of the saga where I always fall in love with Detective Constable Chris Skelton, who is more like Pippin than Frodo.

Ewww - Pippin's my brother! Well, my non-LOTR self loves Chris Skelton - I'm neither Took nor Hobbit in the Geneverse, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
This is making me think about Legolas and Gimli leaving Middle Earth. And they go down the Anduin but I don't know about the part in brackets.
The brackets are because Anduin would only get them as far as the Sea, and the Sea itself isn't paradise - that's beyond the Sea. so it's only part of the route to paradise. Arguably ... because I am a little unclear about how Legolas gets over to Tol Eressea. Does he sail to Lindon and board one of Cirdan's ships? Or does he sail West from another point - is he himself able to hallow a ship so it will take the Straight Road - can anyone enlighten me?

Quite right on Lake Evendim - Aragorn and Arwen's temporary pad, because Aragorn leads by example and forbids men to set foot in the Shire. He stays near it, and his friends visit him there.

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 05-27-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote