Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 01:56 AM   #9356
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Were it not that I can't remember anyone being attacked with a leg of lamb, I would suggest 'Longshanks'.

Okay, can I find a reason? The clue is:

A lonely one's dream, and his eccentric cousin's assaulter.

& G55's additional hints say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
you are correct that "lonely one" is literal, but so is "eccentric" and "assaulter". The dream and the relationship ("cousins") are not.

To help you out: the cousin's eccentricity refers to a specific line in the text, and it means exactly what you assume at first (odd). The lonely one never actually dreams of the answer, but they would looove to have met them. Final clue: you all know the answer by a more common name; it is the opposite of obscure, except for the alternative name use.

The name is mentioned in Book 1, as is the lonely one, and the eccentric cousin, and the assault. The clue is a play on words of sorts.
'Eccentric cousin' makes me maybe think of Radagast? But I don't believe Radagast gets assaulted, and the assault is literal. Could there be Hobbits involved in the clue (though not the answer)? Frodo is definitely eccentric (you're not mad if you're rich), and Aragorn kind of assaults him in Bree? This would make the Lonely One another Hobbit who would have loved to meet a Ranger, but isn't strictly a cousin of Frodo. I guess Fatty Bolger would have been very grateful for a rescue when the Nazgul were coming?

Okay, there we go; a justification. LONGSHANKS.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote