Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 08:19 PM   #7745
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I feel like I should know #2, but it's escaping me. A disease that's bad enough to be described as deadly. First thoughts were smallpox and bubonic plague, but those didn't yield anything useful. Turning to modern epidemiology, there is of course cancer, which is more promising for an anagram, but still gives me no good result. In the field of infectious diseases, ebola is both sufficiently fatal and well-known to be a candidate, but again can't make the letters fit. What does make a nice anagram with the note E is SARS, but unfortunately I doubt the Downs swear check will allow me to post it. I have tried both interpretations of removing direction - taking out a letter and scrambling - but so far no luck.

What else? Lots of things are deadly, but theh don't seem like a good fit for various reasons. Organ failure of any kind will kill you, but unless it's due to cancer it doesn't usually get enough public attention. Lots of infectious diseases can also kill you, but they are either obscure or treatae in an otherwise healthy person and therefore are less likely to be the "deadly" culprit. Heck, diabetes is a horrible killing disease, but since insulin has become available people don't think of it that way. Stroke? Potentially anagrammable, though I wouldn't quite call it a disease in itself so much as a manifestation of disease.

I can sort of stretch Carc from cancer and Eol from ebola, but neither one fits "them". Ugh.

So no proper guesses so far, just frustrated thoughts out loud. Maybe it will help someone though.