View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #19
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

There was silence. Leaves would have undoubtedly drifted to the ground in a dramatic fashion, if there had been any trees in the immediate vicinity of the gazebo. As it was, a few scales loosened from Chrysophylax’s hide as he shifted his large derrière.

Pimpi spoke up in a small voice; "Um...before we start thinking about Mordor...are you sure this really has anything to do with me? Because I couldn’t help but notice that in Orogorn Two’s little ditty there was no mention of hobbits, or half-hobbits. Half-things, if you will."

Roneld replied, "It seems that you are living two lives, Pimpiowyn—"

"Are you going to say that to everyone?" Halfullion wondered, interrupting him in a most un-knightly fashion.

Roneld's eyebrows twitched disapprovingly, but he continued, "On the one hand, you are a carefree hobbit living your life in complacency amongst the cows. And you help your elf-friend write out his...poetry. On the other, you are the daughter of Éohorse, a Valiant Man of the Mike, and it is your duty to avenge his death. Did you not take an oath to kill or observe the killing of the Orcs who slew your parents?"

"Oh," Pimpi said, "We’re going to kill Orcs?"

"Naturally; one does not simply call a Council and not resolve to kills Orcs. One's conscience would not let one sleep," Roneld told her.

Pimpi smiled. "In that case, I will go on this mission...quest...thing... Even if I have been left out of the lists, as so often happens."

Vogonwë was jotting something down onto his wrist, and he replied absently, "If Pimpi’s going I’ll come along, or you’d have to tie me up in a sack to keep me away...a black knapsack woven out of hay...in May...." He began to move his pen with an inspired excitement, and Pimpi had to stop him before he harmed a vein.

Roneld looked around at the rest of the assembly. "Great! We have at least two people willing to aide Merisuwyniel’s bow. But exactly how is yet to be decided. Such things are usually resolved by a journey of some sort, as the power of the Elven-cows can not re-forge living things. So, where are you going?"

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]