View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Merisuwyniel awoke with a start – she had the feeling that someone had spoken to her, but as her lovely violet eyes searched the room in the pale light of early dawn, she saw no one. Her head sank back to her pillow before she realized that the bow, which was propped up next to her bed, was humming softly and vibrating slightly. She stretched her hand out to touch it, and felt its thoughts pouring into her mind.

It is time!

Time for what?
the maiden was puzzled.

Today is your forty-second birthday. This is a number of great significance for your life, the universe and everything. You are almost of age according to Elven standards and can now help me to accomplish the quest which I have planned for many years.

Which quest?
she queried.

Do you remember when you found me and saved me from my oppressors? They cut me, a living Ent, to make weapons and other objects for their foul purposes. I must search for them to be avenged on behalf of the whole person I once was. I cannot do this task without help – will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly! If not, I must find a new master or mistress to enable me to fulfil my purpose.

Merisuwyniel considered the bow’s request. Until this time, she had experienced many adventures on her own behalf, and the Entish Bow had been a true and loyal friend, never missing its mark, whether foe or prey. It seemed reasonable to help it carry out a mission so important.

I will help you, though I do not know the way, she answered courageously. How shall we accomplish this?

We need to prepare well, searching maps for the locations of orc strongholds and collecting provisions for a long journey. It would be well to find companions who will travel with us, especially if they are acquainted with the paths in the wild and the use of weapons. Peoples of many races congregate here at the Elven Farm. Choose well, for we know not what dangers we shall have to face to accomplish our quest.

With determination in her heart, Merisuwyniel arose. After brushing her waist-length, rippling golden hair to its usual silken sheen, she bravely faced the first decision of the early morning. What should she wear to a quest? She chose carefully a forest green divided skirt, sturdy, practical and yet feminine, with a matching close-fitted velvet jacket. Long-shafted boots of fine black leather and a midnight-blue cloak, carried over her arm for the first, completed her attire. The adventure could begin!

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'