View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 01:00 PM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Isildur's demise is obviously a fake out for those who know the books.
..or haven't watched the PJ movies... so probably about 0% of their audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Pelargir mentioned, also first time of "Old Numenorean Settlements" I think. This might make the Southlanders as Proto-Gondorians.
Which, to be honest, is again one of the more interesting things set up by the shows. Since the Gondorians were (more or less, depending on the region) descendants of the Númenor and the original inhabitants of the area it's interesting to see where the latter came from and who they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Is it supposed to be a "reveal" that the Southlands are now Mordor? Because... who didn't know that?
Even more ridiculous of them not to have Adar say it aloud and then reveal it in the text. If the point was to make it less cheesy, it failed massively. Makes me think the text was added as an afterthought for maximum clarity. (Which makes me miss House of the Dragon where they have no trouble throwing new characters and names at us left and right and expecting to keep us track. I'd rather be overestimated than underestimated as a viewer...)

We watched this together with the finale, so more thoughts on that thread...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote