View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 08:59 PM   #7
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe War of the Rohirrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
(BTW, using Philippa Boyens as a script consultant is not unlike hiring the f/x guy from the original Star Trek series. Her writing is comparable to the Gorn's rubber suit.)
I'm glad I wasn't sipping my beer when I read that.

As far as the War of the Rohirrim project. there has been some ridicule in the usual fece-stains on the internet about Mūmakil appearing in it. It actually isn't a really far reach as far as the souece material goes. From Appendix A in the section 'Stewards':

'In the days of Beren, the ninteenth Steward, an even greater peril came upon Gondor. Three great fleets, long prepared, came up from Umbar and the Harad, and assailed the coasts of Gondor in great force; and the enemy made many landings, even as far north as the mouth of the Isen. At the time Rohan was assailed from the west and the east, and the land was overrun, and they were driven into the dales of the White Mountains. In that year (2758) the Long Winter began with cold and great snows out of the north and the east which lasted for almost five months. Helm of Rohan and both his sons perished in that war, and there was misery and death in Eriador and in Rohan. But in Gondor south of the mountains things were less evil, and before spring came Beregond son of Beren had overcome the invaders. At once he sent aid to Rohan. He was the greatest captain that had arisen in Gondor since Boromir; and when he succeeded his father (2763) Gondor began to recover its strength. But Rohan was slower to be healed of the hurts that it had received. It was for this reason that Beren welcomed Saruman, and gave to him the keys of Orthanc; and from that year on (2759) Saruman dwelt in Isengard.'
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote