View Single Post
Old 08-25-2002, 08:19 PM   #14
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

*bows* Thank you, I always thought I was extraordinarily clever in dreaming up topics, after all, that's what I spend all my days doing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Hm, now that I've had two days to think of nothing but this burning question (ha ha just kidding, I do have a life. Mostly), I've come to . . . well, as close to an answer as I can get. For me.

I don't think it's possible to stamp out evil thoroughly either. However, my theory is that it's not possible not because evil is so widespread (that is part of the whole reason, but not mine), but because evil mostly depends on opinion. Hitler didn't think he was evil, did he? So, how do we destroy something when we can't all come to an agreement as to what it is?

And as for my question on Anne Frank's little mantra (ha ha, I love answering my own questions), I do believe there's a little good in everybody. But once again, that's all a matter of opinion. I'll use Hitler as an example once again. Some people probably thought that Hitler was some grand leader, the savior of Germany, blah blah blah. So, it all depends, in my opinion.

Hence, you can never really destroy evil, and good is everywhere, you just have to look for it. My ideas on this are only about half formed, so sorry if they don't really make sense.

<Random Thought of the Day: Blech . . . hyper little kids really make you tired . . . why do my cousins have to be so energetic?!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]>

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: Merri ]