View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 11:41 AM   #187
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

“I do not know how your mistress could let such a good worker go,” Estelyn mused. “Apparently she credits me with more importance and influence than I actually have. However, to reject her offer would likely offend her and bring you more difficulties than advantages, I think, and I can indeed use a capable helper. I gather you would rather stay here than come to the palace complex…”

She looked at Mellonin questioningly, and saw from the frightened expression in her eyes that the mere mention of the palace intimidated her. “I thought as much,” she said. “I must take a few moments to consider what is best; in the meantime, I promised you some wine as thanks for your help.” She went to get a bottle and some glasses for both of them, pouring the fragrant liquid before raising her glass and saying softly, “To a good future for you and also for your brother!”

After a few moments of light chatter to ease the young woman’s nervousness, Estelyn left her, walking to the table where the Innkeeper sat. “Blacky, is it?” she spoke with one raised eyebrow.

With a seeming meekness belied only by a twinkle deep in his dark eyes, the Innkeeper answered, “Some call me Morien, yes.”

“Nonsense!” she retorted briskly. “If you insist on playing hide-and-seek with your name, there’s no need to dignify it by saying it in Elvish. You could just as well ask to be called ‘Lord Blacky’! Be that as it may, I have a matter to consider with you.” She handed him the letter and watched as mirth welled up in the somber face.

“What do you intend to do with this generous gift?” he asked.

“I think it would be best for her to stay here, for she seeks news of her brother, who disappeared without a word. If anyone has heard of him, you will find out here first. This would give me the opportunity to be of assistance to you and still pursue my own work – I must see to the new documents I brought from my journey. How is it – have you already found enough helpers to run the Inn, or can you use a diligent worker in the kitchen?”
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'