View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #4376
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
In the latter proposal, do you mean something along the lines of Eönwë's recent Night Guard game, with a twist or two?
Well actually not... I mean if the whole Night-kill system goes a-new it should be twist enough...

Okay, I think I haven't explained my rough first ideas about it.

So on the latter proposal the Night would be played out in something like the following:

Every villager PM's me the person they are going to watch after. The wolves decide who they're attacking and in which combinations (= four wolves could go for 2&2 or 3&1 against two victims - or all four for separate targets but that should be made risky indeed). Then it is executed.

Let's say the wolves go 2&2; wolves A & B attack villager S and wolves C & D attack villager T.

The victim of A & B is unprotected so they get their kill nice and clean.

But T on the contrary is guarded by two innocents X & Y. Now that means a fight between C&D vs. X&Y. Then depending on the exact system and balance-issues (to be solved before the game begins) it would be something like two wolves fighting two innocents with a chance of the protected innocent getting killed.

It would be pretty straightforward to say that if the numbers of attackers & defenders are even the fight is even and whichever could die - but the wolves should have an edge at least in what comes to killing the primary target.

If the wolves have the upper hand in numbers it's clear they get their victim but have a nice chance of making a double kill. If the wolves are outnumbered they'll be lucky to get out of the fight alive. And so on...

The problem is to issue balanced rules for those Nightly-fights.

And that makes the first proposal easier to execute... But I'm ready to try for either version.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote