View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #60
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Izrênna paused for a second, worried about how much she should tell Deorlin. He was in no condition to travel immediately and she was worried that if she told him the truth, he would immeditately want to follow them. Deorlin was in no condition to travel at all, even over short distances at the moment. Some of his wounds were not horribly serious, but others...those others looked as if they were not even beginning their healing process well.

But what was she to tell him? He would know she was lying if she were to tell him that the group was merely foraging for firewood and food for supper. However, he could not know the truth, could he? But he would have to learn the truth eventually, and it would be better if he learned it now, as he would feel horrible rancor towards her if she were to hold information from him and especially if she were to lie to him.

"Izrênna?" Deorlin asked again, a little softer, as speaking was obviously weakening him.

Izrênna shook herself out of her daze. She realized that she had just been standing there for some time. She quickly made up her mind on what to say.

"They had to leave," she said, "For they had to complete the mission that was laid before them. I offered to stay here with you, as you are in absolutely no condition to depart. We could not bring you with them, for you would have hindered their progress. I was instructed that, as I offered to stay here and aid you and even protect you, if more foes were to return. I am also to take you to the closest civilization tomorrow if you are not well then. I doubt that you will be well, so I would accustom myself to returning, if I was in your place."

Izrênna took a small sigh and knelt back down next to the prostrate man, laying helplessly on the ground. She saw him think about what she said quietly for a second. Izrênna busied herself changing some of the bandages and pretending to be busy fussing over Deorlin's wounds, all the while worrying about what his response to the present situation would be.

"Those were the orders they gave you?" Deorlin reconfirmed, "To return to civilization with me?"

"Yes, if you are unwell," Izrênna reconfirmed, sitting up straight and kneeling next to Deorlin, "And you are unwell, so we must return tomorrow. You cannot be better by then."

"What classifies 'unwell' in your eyes?" Deorlin asked, obviously formulating a plan in his mind.

"What you are at the moment," Izrênna said, gesturing to Deorlin's wounds, and wincing while she did so, "Anyway, they said that, if by midday today, you were not awake, we were to return to Edoras no matter what your condition when you awoke. We are too far behind as of now."

Deorlin, however, remained silent at that. She could tell that he was thinking, and she worried that she knew what he was plotting. She had been considering the same thing. What if they were to disregard the last part and they followed? Anglachel had said that this part would get dangerous again, but what if they were to follow? The group ahead would eliminate any danger, and Izrênna did want to join up with the group and finish the quest...

Izrênna did not speak her feelings out loud at this time, however, and she made herself busy around the camp, noting Deorlin's eyes following her all the while as he plotted silently to himself...