View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 04:35 PM   #58
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Peony woke to the sound of a light shower upon the roof of the Rivendell palace. Swinging her feet off the bed, she rinsed her face quickly with the new water in the washbasin. The dress she had worn since Bree had been cleaned and mended. She put it in her bag, and donned the other one. Then, folding her belongings quickly into her pack, she set it by the bed and left to tour the palace. An elf stopped her as she walked down the first hallway gazing at all the splendor.

“Halfling? With Anson Hornblower?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. She nodded. “The company is leaving in one hour.” Dismay blanketed her face. She had no time for an appropriate exploration. She sulked back to her room to retrieve her bag and find some food before she left. Making the bed was the she-elf that had helped her the night before. A brilliant idea came to Peony’s mind. Ecstatic, she ran up to her.

“Dinsirien?” The elf maiden turned and smiled. “My company’s leaving in just an hour but I so wanted to see the palace. Could you give me a quick, maybe twenty minute tour?” Not missing a beat, Dinsirien dropped the covers into place and led Peony from the room.

In the little amount of time they had, Peony saw the gardens, the library, the council room, the memorial rooms, and every mural and statue of importance in the palace. At the conclusion of their tour, Dinsirien showed her to the breakfast room and fixed her a marvelous morning feast. When she had eaten satisfactorily, the elf led her to join the company.

“You will be here when we return and I will be able to see everything alright?” It was more a command than a question. Dinsirien smiled and patted the hobbit lass’ cheek.

“I should.”

“All set Peony?” Anson touched her shoulder. She nodded.

“Yes, but I hope we return sooner than later!” Then the company set out for Fangorn.

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]