View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #271
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Bethberry masked her surprise well. She observed Azaziel Danwedh with a serene look of aplomb and composure as her mind raced trying to figure out this strange new situation and how best to comply with it.

The Golden Hall had not previously taken any interest in the legitimate affairs of the citizens of Edoras. Indeed, they had been free to work and live without the burdens and encumbrances of lordly ways and tributes. Yet these were not ordinary times and a dark unease had been growing over all aspects of life in Edoras. Bethberry wondered what changes were afoot in Theoden's realm that counsellors should take such a petty interest in the citizen's private affairs.

She looked at the man's face, noted his discomfort, and decided the first tactic would be to put him more at ease so he could explain the situation more clearly to her.

"I see," she replied to the Gondorian. "Shall we discuss this matter over some coffee or perhaps a light repast would be more amenable? Counsellor Hasin has always been a strong supporter of the Edoras community and I am sure he has the finest intentions here."

Calmly but with a deliberate manner, she quided Danuedh to a table, caught Sigrid's eyes, and asked her to request a light lunch be brought to their table. The Innkeeper then sat down, with a gracious smile, and asked the man what brought him to Edoras and great skills he was offering to Counsellor Hasin.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:58 AM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Bęthberry ]