View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 11:40 AM   #266
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Gerdwyn walked into the kitchen and with her quivering hands she put on an apron and straitened it out. She looked up at Froma and smiled anxiously.
“I am Froma, it’s pleasant to meet with you” he said in a sturdy, deep voice.
Gerdwyn stood just looking at Froma, Bethberry nudged Gerdwyn.
“Oh I am Gerdwyn” she said sheepishly.
Froma handed Gerdwyn a wooden spoon and told her to make a vegetable stew. Gerdwyn smiled, a sudden flow of confidence came over her. She made the best vegetables stews, or so her family used to tell her. She chopped the vegetables up and put them in a pot. Froma watched carefully and frowned “No! What about the cup of water?” Froma complained.
“Oh, trust me on this one! It cooks in its own juices making it tastier.”

Froma and Gerdwyn spent hours in the kitchen debating with each other. Froma had the same characteristics as Gerdwyn. They both loved to debate and be challenged by other people. Froma and Gerdwyn enjoyed each others company. In a few hours both of them had learnt so much more about cooking than they had expected to and what they had learnt was indeed useful information. By the end of the day Gerdwyn knew where the spices and herbs were kept and how and where everything was kept in the kitchen.

Froma held his back and groaned. Gerdwyn could see Froma was in pain and with that she pulled out a wooden chair and sat him down. “Let me make you some tea and get that cake we made out of the oven!” Gerdwyn said. She boiled water and made the tea and took the cake out of the oven. Gerdwyn looked up and realised Bethberry was gone and chuckled to herself. She sat down and placed the tea and cake on the table. Froma and Gerdwyn sat and spoke even though she did most of the talking. Which of course is only natural for Gerdwyn.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:24 AM December 28, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]