View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #164
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"The sun has set upon the proceedings," Anakron intoned, and got up from his lazyboy. "And no, I am not going to vote, for I am not part of the villager, per sé. I am the Grand Anakronist, and that is enough. Let it be known and understood that Hookbill the Goomba and Mardil have chosen not to vote.

"We do have two villagers who have received the most votes. Nilpaurion Felagund, and Mormegil. Lynch away." Anakron resumed his chair and popped popcorn into his mouth in eager expectation of the grisly lynchings of the two top vote getters.

The crowd of villagers stared at Anakron (except for the fangirls who all continued staring and drooling at various hot hunks as if thinking, "This is it? Now we have to do it?" They suddenly all seemed rather reluctant to go through with it.

Elempí's blackened tongue and vocal chords were hopping around again, yelling at the top of their missing lungs: "Assume nothing! Assume nothing!"

"Oh hush, you," said Anakron. The tongue quit hopping and moped.

"Fléin the Dwarf," observed SpaM, who had sobered up appreciably as the day had lengthened, "has provided us with the means for the lynching. And we cannot exactly use the gallows, as nobody as bothered to remove Elempí's body from it. Anyone willing to do so?"

They all looked at the maundering, fly-bitten corpse, and shook their heads 'no'.

SpaM picked up the first stone and heaved it at Mormegil.

"Hey!" cried Mormegil, most unoriginally, backing away in a most sane manner.

"Stand still so we can hit you!" yelled Nilpaurion Felagund.

"Idiot! You received more votes than I!"

"So throw a stone at me!" Nilp retorted.

"Make them both shut up!" cried Hookbill. Suddenly sticks and stones broke many bones, and names had nothing to do with it.

Soon there were two mangled corpses lying beneath the gallows.

"Well done, my pretties," Anakron drawled. "Now bury all three bodies. We're not uncivilized here; at least, not yet."

Darkness fell.