View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 PM   #132
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai smiled politely at the elven-looking woman and the boy Elhor who had joined them.

"I am called Nahai, daughter of the Lady Silhinui. Lady Morwyn is correct in her introductions, as I am from the edge of Mirkwood." she said in answer to Elhor's question. Living most of her life alone, she was unaccustomed to speaking to such a large group. Strangely, she didn’t feel half as uncomfortable as she usually did when placed in such situations. Maybe the trip to the Green Dragon was a better idea than she thought. In fact, she almost felt that she fit in, that she was part of their world. But that could never be. She knew she could never truly be accepted in the worlds of men and elves. Not necessarily because of WHO she was, but WHAT she was. She could travel to the ends of the earth, but she could never get away from herself.

Somehow she felt as though Elhor had shared something of the same experience. She thought she could see it in his eyes when she first caught him looking at her, alone in the corner. Perhaps not something of the same exact nature, but she did recognize the look of loneliness when she saw it. Oh yes, she recognized it all too well.

And then there was the blue-eyed woman. She looked elven, perhaps half-elven. Nahai wanted to know her story as well. Morwyn and Sara’s tales had both been sad, and she suspected Elhor’s to be the same. But she was unsure about this fair lady with deep blue eyes. She leaned forward, waiting for her to reply to Morwyn’s inquiry.

[ March 19, 2003: Message edited by: Maegaladiel ]