View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #283
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Roa paused to take some deep breaths and stared hard at the man she was now tending. Something about him sparked a memory, something... distasteful. She remembered he had been involved in the dispute about the arson, but after that things got hazy. He seemed almost sad at something, like he had sustained a very heavy loss. This Roa could not understand. Perhaps he was attached to the Inn, which now lay in ruin. A meal was being prepared under the shelter of the trees, and mostly everyone was resting from the battle with the fire. She looked at the man again. He seemed nervous, as though he was expecting harm. Valthalion stood close by, in a protective stance, which greatly annoyed Roa. She didn't really need his assistance anymore. Then again, she thought, he did rescue me from the cellar. She still wasn't sure how she had gotten down there. All she could remember was rescueing the ale. Roa resisted the urge to laugh at the notion.

Roa looked from Valthalion to the strange man she was attending. Perhaps Val was the cause for the man's discomfort. "Valthalion," she called. Val looked up. "You have worked most courageously today. You deserve a rest. Go get something to eat." The young man looked reluctant to leave, and made it clear in his speech. But after many assurances from Roa that she would be quite alright, he headed towards the makeshift dining area. Roa turned back to the man.

"There now sir, everything will be quite all right. I shall not harm you, unless I am forced to defend myself. You are not nearly some injured as you could have been, and your wounds will heal quickly." Roa spoke soothingly, but the man looked confused. Perhaps he had been hit on the head harder than she realized. She tried again to reach him. "I am called Roa. What name do you go by?"

"Snaveling," he answered cautiously, "Do you not recall?" Roa thought very hard. So she had known him for an instant. Trying to remember made her dizzy though, so she only shook her head. "I fear my head was injured quite badly in the cellar, for I do not recall you at all, except for the disturbance earlier about possible arson. Even that is hazy, though I recall going in to rescue the ale," at this she shook her head in disbelief, "As near as I can discern, the ale must have tumbled and trapped me, and I fell and bumped my head. If I knew to any length, sir, I have forgotten." At this the man seemed most relieved, and this caused Roa some great ill-ease. However, a swell of dizziness surrounded her and she fell back onto her rear. When she fell, she tried to steady herself with her arm, and cried out as the burnt area was struck.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen