View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #72
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Leaf

Kun talvi jo saapuu tappava, puut metsän maahan lyö
kun auringottoman päivän taas yö musta tähdetön syö;
kun kuoleman tuuli idästä tuo sateen viiltävän,
minä sinua etsin ja kutsun ja taas sinun luoksesi kiirehdän!

Když zima píseň umoří a padne černá tma,
zlomí se větev neplodná a skončí práce má,
vyhlížet budu, čekat budu, až mi přijdeš vstříc,
pak nelítostným deštěm spolu odejdeme pryč.

Me yhdessä matkaan lähdemme, tie länteen vie yhä vain,
a daleko snad najdem zem, kde srdce spočinou.

As the audience applauded politely, Lommy and Legate bowed, holding hands and laughing, with a slightly self-conscious flush on both their faces. After all, there was no getting around the fact that the poem they had just recited was a little too cheesy for either of their tastes.

"That is how it goes," Lommy said. "A fair song, if a tad melodramatic. In real life, differences between the forests of the north and the rolling hills and farmlands of the south aren't such a big deal."

"Easy for you to say, when we live in your forest land," Legate teased her good-naturedly.

"Well, *anyway*," Lommy said. "Now that I'm talking, I propose a toast. For all the wonderful people we've all met through this site - and no, I'm not just talking about Legate - imagine how much poorer all our lives would be without them. Cheers! Or, kippis!"

"Na zdraví!" said Legate, and clinked glasses with her.

Lommy smiled at him, then raised her glass and turned to the wights that were gathered around. She made sure to make eye contact with all her friends present, both those she kept in touch with regularly and those she only saw occasionally on the 'Downs or while browsing the book of faces. How lovely it was that they were all there!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote