View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 06:58 PM   #387
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That's brilliant! What if the picture starts as a repetition of the Tarn Aeluin version and then slides over to hide the good stuff and show the evil stuff? I am not sure if that's more creepy or less creepy. But really cool picture! I will certainly not complain about the minor inaccuracies, I definitely agree that the symbolism wins out.

Also, I totally missed the fact that Minions is the start of Act 2. It just seemed to need an intro to make a very definite transition from heart, and I had a thought about how to do it without just ripping it off one of the main versions. But now that you mention it, all the performances which have Minions have a longish intro. It makes sense both ways.

I have been very busy lately and haven't made any new developments, but I will make an effort in the coming week to get the Minions off the writing table already. By the way, do you have a preference for the ending? V1 and derivatives I believe all do the "Ha! ha! ha!", while V2 does the drawn-out "entertainment", and I can't recall any other major variations on this piece. I personally enjoy the cackle, but given the versatility of cackle placement possibilities it doesn't negate the second option.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 01-26-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote