Thread: Elves and Music
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
What sounds most "Elvish" to me is Enya's music, and many of her songs. (I discovered her only thanks to "May it be" and "Aniron" in the Fellowship movie!)
I agree wholeheartedly, and I'd rep you if it would allow me to. I've been an Enya fan since the Shepherd Moons album of the early '90s.
As you said, many of her songs have an Elvish feel. "Paint the Sky With Stars" sounds perfect for the voyage of Gandalf, Elrond and Co. to the Blessed Realm.

Suddenly before my eyes / Hues of indigo arise / With them how my spirit sighs / Paint the sky with stars / Only night will ever know / Why the heavens never show / All the dreams there are to know / Paint the sky with stars / Who has paced the midnight sky? / So a spirit has to fly / As the heavens seem so far / Now who will paint the midnight star?