View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #37
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwen View Post
But why does the possibility of Arwen traveling (aside from her Rivendell/Lorien trips) have to be equated with having an adventure? It's quite possible to journey without incident.
I could be wrong but I thought the point Elmo was making was that a Rivendell/Lorien journey could be dangerous and we are provided with an example of that.
The possibility of danger was certainly there, as evidenced by Celebrían's experience. But my point was that if Arwen had been in a position where she was in danger, or underwent a trying time, the books probably would have mentioned it, as was the case with Celebrían. I was mainly responding to Skip's earlier statements here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Firstly, Arwen, if we think of her as a real person, might not have lived such a sheltered life as the general opinion makes out. Maybe she had her fair share of dangerous adventures and travelled widely too, but if these experiences wasn't important on a grand scale for the history of Middle Earth, there would be little use mentioning them in the tales, which is not to say they didn't occur.

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-03-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote