View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #33
Morwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Beyond Lórien though, I can't conceive of any other places she would have had reason to go.
Which is why I mentioned Aredhel and her journeys with Eol.

Quote:
Even Lindon is a long shot, I think. And her brothers, who often rode afield with the Dúnedain, seemed to have confined their journeys to Eriador and Lórien. If they kept their travelling relatively close to home, I see no reason why their sister, the Evenstar of her people, the returned likeness of Lúthien, and the beloved of her father, would have gone places she was likely to run into hardship and peril.
Would there have been no danger involved in the Lorien/Rivendell journey? Middle Earth at the end of the Third Age is not a place free of hardship and peril and given that her mother had already been attacked, it is interesting to me that Arwen travels at all at this time.
Additionally are all periods of the Third Age equally perilous? It's conceivable that it might have been easier to move around during the earlier periods than it was later on.