View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #30
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And really, you need to get this into perspective. There are films out there that would entirely justify you assuming their fans had "limited brain cells" or "attention deficit". I really don't think these are among them.
Everyone has his or her own tastes, which we should respect.

But for perspective, I would humbly suggest looking at the lists of best films of the "Noughties". Every one of them has its own axe to grind and own perspective to plug, but overall there's not many that put any of the Jackson films in the top ten. Even those that are heavily-weighted towards fantasy don't put LotR at the top, even when including some part of the trilogy in the top ten. And when the comparison extends to best films of all times, incorporating the legendary films of the twentieth century, Jackson's trilogy just fades.

They might be a top franchise though.

Of course, I could be a smidgeon biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I suspect that however much they complain here, most people on this thread (and the entire forum, for that matter) will go out and watch the films, just as they did with LOTR.
I have DVDS of all three movies. But two of them are still wrapped in cellophane.