View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #186
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Falco

Falco overheard Thoronmir's exchange with yet another Ranger. He rolled his eyes. More big trouble.

"A Ranger who can't make a decision in battle to save his own hide, much less his party's, ought not to be leader, that's what I say. You don't seem half the leader you make yourself out to be, Master Thoronmir."

The Ranger looked at Falco, standing there with his chest thrust out. The Ranger raised his brow. This hobbit had a tongue in him!

"Oh? And who would you see as leader instead, Master Falco Boffin?"

"Someone who can keep his head about him enough to know when to call for a retreat! You were mighty lucky back there, not losing a one of us."

"You are referring to yourself as someone who can - ah - keep his head about him?"

"I don't go around blowing my own horn, unlike most big folk I know, but now that you've said it, who was it that found this place and brought all the men to save your skin? And you talk about this place as if you know it. I don't think you knew it was here at all. Look at it! You can tell by the new wood that it was built in just the last five years! What say you to that, oh wise Ranger?"

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-25-2004 at 10:21 PM.