View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #301
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I need to leave for a while but I will give you my take on people later toDay (Greenie is coming to my place to watch the American Idol ).

But let me throw a few thoughts to think about meanwhile - and please let's discuss a bit more toDay, please. This is a bit frustrating.

I really don't like saying this once again (and I'm not too happy to trigger the same discussion again), but I think I need to say it anyway. There are so many silent partners here in this game, any open suspicions have been very rare, people are too careful to let their opinions known... Add to that that we have only one (or two) baddies among us, the current state of affairs is plain against our interests as Shelob's best strategy in this kind of an envirovment would be to hunker down and hide among the majority of careful players.

I said that on D1 already and now on D3 the message is even more urgent. Let's play toDay. and I do not mean quantity, but quality, aka. saying what we think about people, of many people, and not narrowing it carefully down to say that you tend to think one person is okay and one might be suspicious-looking but then again maybe not so much... leaving all the others without a mention.

In this vein I actually dare to take on a "phantom-mode" and suggest we all promise toDay to make a list of all people, and promise to name at least two people we suspect - and why we do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
We have one Shelob, one spawn, and one stung now, and eight players all in all.
Wait a minute!

I thought it was more or less undecided which interpretation of the general rules Sally took or do we learn if Sam manages to heal someone, but what really blew me was that we only have 8 players left... Really? *checked, true*

Okay. The Doc can check people and we need to lynch any checked stinged one now (unless the Doc also learns when the stinging has taken place when we could trust on Sam to try to heal someone stinged the Night before). Also Sam has both the ability to block a stinging and to heal someone. As the number of players drop down his chances of success grow.

But the nasty fact is, that if we lynch more innocents and no rangering or healing takes place (and Lhuna's numbers are correct), we'll have toMorrow Shelob + two spiderlings against one stinged and three other innocents. Then lynching an innocent (even the stinged one) toMorrow means we lose.

Oh wait... didn't the number of the baddies need to outnumber the innocents this time? *checked, right they have to* Okay that gives us one more chance, although if a stinged one is not healed the lobber-gang will win.

Uh... Need to go now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote