View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #90
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ærosylle cocked her head at the elf and replied, "I was listening to the door." She nodded solemnly. "He was telling me you were busy...I came up here for I have never seen an elf before." Her lips curled into a grin.

The elf blinked back at her.

"Do you know why Finian put you in this room?" the girl asked her saucer eyes revolving around the walls where the noon day sun was just slipping away.

The elf shook his head.

"It is because you look so sad and solemn all the time and because he has heard rumours of your kind leaving to the western lands. The east is a new beginning. The west is an ending."

~~~~~~~~

Finian

"I have never stayed in a tavern before. You will give me a roof over my head? And board as well? I am in your debt, sir," said Seregon, bowing.

Finian blinked at her. "Well...what else would I do?" he asked, arching a brow as his face broke into a mischievous grin. "Fine Innkeeper I would make, making you sleep in some old stubby field." He winked at her. "How about a glass of the finest wine to celebrate your job? Hopefully by then my sister will have shown up somewhere..."

He led the way into the pantry and, after a minute or two of serious deliberation, selected a bottle that was relatively new, fetched a small glass, poured the red wine, gave it to Seregon, and said, "Drink up!"