View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 07:55 AM   #25
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have to ask, am I the only one that doesn't find the Arwen/Aragorn/Elrond scenes a weak point in the film? I like how the dream sequence seemlessly drifts into flashback. I like the scene where Aragorn tries to return the white pendent to Arwen while we see the Fellowship preparing to leave in the background. I like the flash-forward to Aragorn's death and Arwen's grief.<P>I find it slows down too much during Galadriel's monologue/naration with Elrond, but I find the slowest point in the film is the preparation for battle at Helm's Deep, especially Legolas' despair. It picks up again nicely with Theoden's "where is the horse and the rider ..." monologue but there's a good few minutes of film that could have gone in my opinion. (Man, there are other films where I would take out half an hour of film. This film is three hours long and I'm complaining about a few minutes.)<P>So, are there any others that actually like the Arwen scenes, or is it just me?<P>H.C.