View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 09:41 AM   #157
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

All right, I'll admit to being a little confused. Um... why are they brawling? Hm, those brigands, they're just riding along peacefully one moment and fighting the next......

I read Susan's original answer to Cimmerian's post, and I would like to say, first of all: Calm down, calm, calm, when I snap my fingers you will be very, very calm and rational, all of you. Second of all, um, I mean first [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], there seem to be some problems with disagreement of characterization. My own first reaction is to deal with such matters by imposing (or at least proposing) rules, such as: If a player strongly and sincerely feels that his or her character has been seriously misrepresented in a major way, he or she may request revision of the offending post. This rule would be only invoked at important times; for instance, if the use of the word "sweeting" makes my hair stand on end and I don't believe anybody would ever use it, ever, under any circumstances, I would NOT invoke this rule (did it exist) because this is a very minor thing. The current one seems to be a bigger deal and a possible candidate for the rule (which, of course, does not exist).

Of course, approving or rejecting this rule or any other important course of action like that is up to Susan and it is not up to any of the rest of us.

Ahem. Welcome back, Lady Death, and post whenever you're ready.

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum